JOB POSTING – MARKETING AND COMMUNICATIONS COORDINATOR
Come join our team of innovative and caring professionals as we work to “enable life-changing mentoring relationships to ignite the power and potential of young people”.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Create eye-catching and professionally worded marketing and communications materials in order to support the programming and operational needs of the agency, such as but not limited to, recruitment of volunteers/clients, match events, fundraising, and support for our “Nearly New Store” (thrift store).
- Design and execute engaging, brand consistent content for our social media platforms (e.g. Facebook, Instagram). Utilize testimonials and quotes for increased impact. Prepare plans on an annual basis and complete evaluation reports to determine impact.
- Manage the agency website (WORDPRESS platform).
- Lead the creation of a quarterly agency newsletter and ensure maintenance of the distribution database.
- Research trends, be creative and have a willingness to adapt to changing non-profit landscape.
- Support the Executive Director and/or Fundraising and Events Coordinator with grant writing, creation of press/media releases, speeches, print materials (graphic design) and production of other agency communications as required.
- Plan and execute the agency’s Will Power campaign, and provide support to an annual Giving Tuesday campaign.
- Assist the Community Engagement Coordinator with the creation of materials and content suitable for presentations and community events with the intention of elevating the community’s knowledge and recognition of BBBS’s mentoring programs and services.
- Provide support to the Fundraising and Event Coordinator as required (particularly during peak event times), and support the efforts of maintaining contact with BBBS alumni.
- Utilize Microsoft 365 software to support administrative functions of the role (e.g. email, spreadsheets, statistics).
- Successful candidate will have at minimum a diploma or degree in a related field. Experience within a social service or non-profit setting would be considered an asset.
- Must be driven to succeed, creative, and possess a problem-solving/forward-thinking attitude to meet the needs of the changing non-profit landscape.
- Exceptional communication skills (both oral and written), strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build and maintain positive working relationships. Awareness and sensitivity to diversity as it relates to all aspects of the agency’s operations are expected of the incumbent.
- Detail orientated with exceptional proof-reading ability.
- Belief in and commitment to the vision and mission of Big Brothers Big Sisters.
- Ability to handle multiple projects concurrently and meet tight deadlines.
- Strong computer skills, with ability to utilize Microsoft Software (365/Dynamics/Teams/Office/EXCEL) and programs specific to role (e.g. CANVA/Adobe).
- Recent Vulnerable Sector Police Check and access to a reliable insured vehicle.
Estimated Start Date: Week of October 17th, 2022 (or as soon as possible thereafter)
Salary: $24, 570 (for a 22.5 hour work week)
Working Hours: Part time – 22.5 hours per week, with some evenings and weekends required.
Big Brothers Big Sisters of South Central Niagara is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and work environments. If you are contacted for a job opportunity, please advise Human Resources of any accommodations needed to ensure you have access to a fair and equitable process. Any information received relating to accommodation will be addressed confidentially.
We appreciate all the applications we receive, but only candidates being considered for an interview will be contacted. Please send both resume and cover letter outlining your qualifications to Executive Director Sarah Ludberg at firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 4:30pm on Wednesday October 5th, 2022